eriko's journal

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Image meaning & Composition


We had to choose an example from either your own possessions or a photograph of an object that has value to you in terms of both fine and applied (design). Make a list evaluating its functionality, its aesthetic beauty, communication, and its decorative or entertainment value.

So an object that I've chosen is my PC. I've been using this for quite a long time now and I always take them around whenever I go home during the holidays.

Functionality:
I can do many things with computers, there is no way I can get bored using PC. I've been storing many of my works from years before, I've got pictures being stored that were taken by my digital camera, I also use my PC to store my music..etc, basically I use my computer for numerous things. I believe that without computers, living in this world would be impossible!

Aesthetic Beauty:
The whole body of my PC is white, I like white as it suits with any kind of surroundings. Sony's 'VAIO' logo is very simple but carefully designed that goes with electronic devices. This PC has got a 'motion eye', which is the webcamera (it functions as a video and a camera) in the top center of the screen. At the right hand side of the frame of the screen, there are four buttons: one for captureing images, two buttons for adjusting volumes and the last button is for to zoom in and out of the screen, which is very useful. It has got a DVD player and a compact rewritable disk.

Communication:
I use internet to communicate with my family and friends all over the world, without PC it will be very hard to do so. I use messenger and other software that allows me to evern make a call oversea for free of charge. 'Communication' is the most important thing to live in this world, thus PC is doing a major role in our lives. Through internet, i can also search different genre and information with easy access without having to go to the library or a book shop in the cold weather. As the time goes by there are better computers being sold, better CPU, quality of the screen and sound, more capasity..etc. The possibility of inventing better computers are infinite.

Entertainment value:
Like I said before, I use my PC to listen to music as well as watching DVDs. I use iTunes to put music while I'm in the room. I can't live without music!! -Like the famous catch phrase "No music, No life."
With the using the Internet, I can spend a whole day in fron of my PC. I can play games, edit and play around with images and videos..etc. So there is no end for using the computer.

Response: I've decided to make a comment on Carol's chosen object (mobile phone), as mobile phone is another electronic device that is closely involved in our daily life like the computers.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 3:18 AM, Blogger Carolina Inacio Fong said…

    heya, seems so nice ur computer and its function, but u still want to buy another one?!...lol...b4 i choose the mobile i was thinking of my computer too...but i saw theres load of ppl choosing it, so i jus pick the mobile...hehe.. cuz computer & mobile u kno, r 2 things that we cant live without with... =)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home