eriko's journal

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Youtube publish

Thursday the 9th of November:

In todays seminar, we've learnet how to edit moving images in Premiere. It was my first time using premiere and it was quite challenging for me to memorize all the settings for the right purposes. We got to edit a short film done by someone else just for practice, we were all given couple of minutes to edit the film. It was really fun and I've learnt how to dissolve from one video to another, increasing and decreasing of volume, cutting and deleting some sections of the video and much more. It was fun playing around with Premiere and I think the more I play with it the better I get in understanding how to handle Premiere.

Everything was going great until we had to put our video response on Youtube. I've record my response on the DV tape, so what I had to do is to connect the video camera that has got the DV tape in it onto the computer. But for some wired reason, Premiere wasn't reading my video. After asking for help, we've tried on 4 different cameras but it still didn't work. But with the 5th one, we finally managed to put my response on to the Premiere.
Although it took us some time, I've got to learn that anything can happen using computers and technologies. I guess in order to solve this is to keep trying and to see what is causing the problem.

Also, the most important thing that I've learnt today in the Youtube publish/post seminar was that whenever we save a video file (basically a big file!), we should always save them on the D drive rather than the C drive. Because if I save my video file onto the D drive, then there might be the possibility of getting that file being erased and I can never get them back!! So we all have to be careful!!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home