eriko's journal

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Web Application seminar

In web application seminar, we used Lynx (text-only web browser) to check whether the web site is correctly working.
I managed to find many differenced to looking at Lynx and looking at the actual website (in terms of font, size, colour..etc).

Here is the summary table of the results of this review of the playmonday site.



Lynx only shows the basic information of the website (i.e text) but as it doesn't contain flash, it is very boring.
Through this seminar, I now learnt that browsing websites using only the keyboard can be really frustrating. And it has also made me think about not only the design of the website but the accessibility and abilibility to use user settings to the site.This I think will help greatly for my identity project.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home