eriko's journal

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Presenting web page

Today, I had the last seminar for Interactive Narrative. Before presenting to the group, we were given some time to fix the last of the work. I was actually quite please with my work, as I managed to link many pictures, which allowed the viewer to explore ‘the space’.
But I did face two problems when creating this Interactive Narrative work, one of the problem was that the text box was appearing in front of the image when I actually encoded as ‘background: none’ (meaning, only the text appears on the image and has got invisible text box). By looking carefully through the code view, I managed to solve it straight away, the problem that was causing this was because I misspell the word ‘background:none’ to ‘backgroud:none’. Just a little tiny mistake can cause a huge problem on the web page!
The second problem, which I didn’t really manage to solve them was that the text was appearing when the mouse was not on the hot spot, and the text disappeared when the mouse was over the hot spot. I thought it might have been the problem with the coding in ‘document.house.streetvalue=message;’ which was under the script tag, or the problem with using Firefox and Internet Explorer, as the outcome in Internet Explorer and Firefox can be different when doing javascript.
I think it was a very fun working with javascript in Dreamweaver. I now know how to work in Dreamweaver, which will allow me to produce web pages in the future. Although we are finished with Interactive Narrative seminar and lecture, I think I’ll use Dreamweaver to practice in my own time along with the course.
What I liked about the Interactive Narrative seminar was that it has given me some time to face problems and solve them with some help from others. Solving the problem has made me learn the best!!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home