eriko's journal

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Seminar for Interactive Narrative

In yesterday's seminar for Interactive Narrative, we were able to individually work and ask questions, which I found it very productive. I've already had all of my pictures edited in the right size using photoshop, I was able to start creating this project in Dreamweaver. From previous seminars we had, I've already learnt how to put images and how to link them together. So by refering to the notes I took during previous seminars, I was able to link all the images together!!! But since I had soooo many images, it took me a long time to link everything together.

After linking all the pictures and testing them on Firefox, I started to put text onto the photos so that when the mouse go over the image, the text appeares on the photos. I used 'Form' for to put text in, but it seems that this is used for putting text underneath the images and not on the text, so instead I used 'layer' to put text on top of the image. When I tried to test this on Firefox, the text appeared on top of the image but when I put the mouse away from that image, the text was still appearing...and so I had to think of a way to make the text only appearing when the mouse is over the image. After a while, flicking through my notes, I realized that I had to put 'MouseOver' between body tag.

The website that Simon has told us about, which has got previous student's work is very useful. Because if I can see the code of the html by clicking 'source' button.
You can find this website by clicking the web address below:

http://www.lab.constellations.co.nz/VNTH06/

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home